Nokia is gearing up for its next smartphone launch in flagship category which is none other than Nokia 8.1 Plus a successor of Nokia 7.1 Plus. Like all other Nokia devices, it has a glossy glass back which gives it a premium look. It does have a notch cut out and honestly, we’ve gotten used to it. The good thing about the Nokia devices is that they are packed with Android 9.0 (Pie) out of the box which many smartphone companies miss out. The phone comes with Android One support which means that the phone will receive security patch updates regularly.
Nokia 8.1 Plus is a Camera centric device. The phone has a dual camera setup at the back and a single camera in the front. The camera has tons of features that include Zeiss optics, Optical Image stabilization, high-end quality image, and a sensitive sensor.
• Nokia 8.1 Plus comes with a display size of 6.18 inches (~81.2% screen to body ratio), 1080×2280 pixels, 18.7:9 aspect ratio FHD+ display.
• Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection.
• It is Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 (10 nm) Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver) chipset with Adreno 616 GPU.
• Nokia 8.1 Plus runs on the Android Version 9.0 (Pie) out of the box with
• The phone comes with a Hybrid Sim slot (2 Nano sim or a sim + memory card expandable Upto 400 GB)
• 4 GB ram with 64GB internal storage.
• The dual rear camera setup of 12 MP f/1.8 aperture lens with a 13 MP lens along with dual tone LED flash.
• The front camera setup of 20 MP f/2.0 aperture lens.
• [email protected] Video Recording through the rear camera and [email protected] video recording through front and rear both.
• 4G VoLTE, 3.5 mm audio jack, Bluetooth version 5.0, Micro USB type 2.0, Type C.
• Rear Mounted Fingerprint Scanner.
• 3500 mAh Li-polymer battery.
Nokia 8.1 Plus has a vibrant display as wide as 6.18 inches with a notch which decrease its bezel to as minimal as ~81.2% screen to body ratio.
Up at the top is a secondary noise cancellation microphone, while at the bottom there is USB 2.0, Type C charging port, main microphone, 3.5mm audio jack and the speakers. Front side has a Notch with 20 MP (f/2.0 lens) camera and the front speakers.
On the Right side of the phone, there is the Power On-off button along with Volume Rockers button, while on the left there is a Hybrid Sim card slot.
The back side of the phone has a fingerprint scanner with a Nokia Branding. At centre, there is dual camera setup (vertically) of 12MP (f/1.8) + 13MP with a dual tone LED flash.
- Android One support.
- Fast Charging support (18 W)
- Camera Performance
- Still has Gorilla Glass 3 Protection.
- LTE CAT 6
- Hybrid Sim Slot.
Well, this was all about the new Nokia 8.1 Plus. According to me, I feel like Nokia missed a few things and went a bit overpriced this time. Many phones have a better processor than this device which are available at cheaper prices like Poco F1. It still has a Gorilla Glass 3 Protection which is quite an old now. The phone may have network issues due to LTE CAT 6. Yes, the camera is definitely a beast in this device but considering other features it is a bit overpriced device. If you have any questions regarding this device then please type it down below in the comment section and let me know your views about this device.
Nokia 8.1 Plus comes in 2 color variant Blue/Silver and Iron/Steel priced at Rs.26,999 for the 4 GB ram and 64 GB variant. It will be available exclusively on Amazon.in